Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Boys Ahoy!!

I'm excited to be producing artwork for a non-Ursamen entity.  I'm a founding member of the new Leather boys of New England (Leather b.o.N.E.) and we are throwing our first bar party in a couple weeks at the Providence Eagle for the Friday night of Providence Pride weekend.  A couple weeks ago, we finally nailed the title as "Boys Ahoy!" but there wasn't any kind of imagery out there that I wanted to see in the poster, so I figured a "Hairyer Parts Comics" image needed to be created.  This cartoon is one part Gil Kane, one part Norman Rockwell, and one part Leji Matsumoto.... the end result is probably about 90% where I wanted it to be, but when time is of the essence, there can be no retakes.  It's the first cartoon I've done for somebody other than the Northeast Ursamen, and for those not following me on Facebook, I figured it was worth it to help get the word out about the event as well.  We will be doing a 50/50 and live demos.  The block outside the Eagle will be closed to traffic so that you can take your drinks outside.  It should be a great time!!  http://www.facebook.com/events/459799817439843/


No comments:

Post a Comment