Wednesday, April 3, 2013

1940's Superman Cartoons

I've been catching up on my superhero cartoons and have discovered some of the old 1940's Superman cartoons on Youtube.  These remind me of the old Looney Tunes cartoons that used to look grainy and have a big band soundtrack.  Somewhere in my collection, I have a hardbound book of the old Superman newspaper comic strips (I will have to do a bit on that for "Skeeter's Library"), and I also have a CD set of old Superman and Batman radio programs.  To find the animated cartoons from the 1940's is really great, because now I get to see that "3rd dimension" of video media that easily could have been lost to time.  I really need to find these on DVD... oh, and the 1970's Superfriends cartoons.  For your viewing enjoyment, click on the images below:



No comments:

Post a Comment