Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Giant Robots

Well after weeks and weeks of working on SpookyBear artwork, I am happy to say, I am 99% done and ready for a switch from Superheroes.  It was a noble effort to mash up anime with superfriends, manga with entry-level DC comics... I am not entirely sure if I am 100% happy with the results, but for wall art, it will work, and for that I am glad.  BUT I am ready to move on to other things.

Which leads me to tonight's post.  I finally got to see (or at least hear) all of the Albegas series while working on the above project, which led me to discover more Toei based super robot cartoons, including Voltes V and Starbirds / Daimos.  I am sooo looking foward to finding more of these (I hear Danguard Ace is coming out on DVD soon) soooo... here is a teaser to hold me over until then.  Somebody stitched together the intros to all 80's mecha series.  It looks like it's at least an hour of animation, many of which I have only heard of but never seen.  Voltron is in there, as Golion and Dairugger XV of course, and Robotech is in there too.  Lesser known imports, like Macron I / Gotriniton are in there as well.  It's basically where I am right now.  I am so ready to dust off some of my very early works and bring them forward to completion.  So on that note, have a look:


No comments:

Post a Comment