Monday, January 28, 2013

Yamato 2199

My favorite cartoon from elementary school days, above all, was Star Blazers.  I would willingly get up every morning at 6am to watch it.  I would even use my tape recorder to get audio copies of the show, and I would draw it incessantly (flashback illustrations forthcoming).  I've spent the greater part of my adult life collecting everything of the series I can, on DVD, imported books, and domestic comic book form.  I am totally thrilled that it's getting a second live in Japan right now.  The story is being retold, with 21st century production quality.  Check it out.


2 comments:

  1. (smug) I had a cassette of the Japanese Symphony Orchestra performing the theme music, and even got my car to play it (it was the days of Your-door-is-ajar talking cars, so I reprogrammed the EEPROM.) (/smug)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorites was the Bio-Booster Armor Guyver series. It was remade as well.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfpYmQS_A9k

    ReplyDelete